Sari Curtains / Drapes / Panels are the perfect choice for those looking for light, elegant drapes with a touch of luxury. It has smooth finish with a soft sheen and feels gentle and cool to the touch. Sheer curtains made of saris allow light in through windows but prevent people looking in when they are drawn.
Story Behind the Art:
The fabric of these curtains are weaved on a hand-loom in a small rural village in India and then hand-dyed. The artisans are a group of young hand-crafters who have moved from small villages to a big town in Central India and make various home decor items out of these exotic sari fabrics. This gives these wonderful artisans a way to have sustainable income via selling to the worldwide market on the internet. Your purchase supports local and home-based work where the artisans can easily tend to their families and pass these time-honored skills from one generation to the next.
- Available in Various Sizes
- Made from Polyester Sari fabric
- Top: 2 Inch Ring Top. Can accommodate rods up to 1.5 inches diameter
- Machine Wash
- Sold per piece. The price mentioned is for 1 curtain
With proper care and attention, Sari fabric can be preserved for ages without losing its luster or freshness. Follow the directions below carefully and your Sari curtains/duvets/cushion covers etc would last longer with the same sheen as a new one!
- Never Machine wash a sari. A sari should be either delicately hand washed or dry cleaned.
- Do not keep the sari fabric soaked in detergent for long.
- Do not brush or lash a Sari fabric This would lead to tearing of the zari (trim).
- Do not bundle and keep wet for a long time.
- In case of stains, wash with cold water immediately.
- For hard stains get the Sari fabric Dry Cleaned.
- While ironing, keep the iron in medium or low heat.
- It is recommended to iron the Sari fabric between two pieces of cloth. It is not recommended to wet the Sari fabric prior to ironing or to use a steam iron.
How to Measure
How to measure for CurtainsTop Style: Pole Tops (Rod Pocket), Tab Tops and Ring Tops
- Use a steel measuring tape - cloth tapes are not accurate.
- Take exact measurements - round down to the nearest of an Inch as we do not make fractions of an Inch.
- On your notes, clearly indicate which measurement is the width and which is the length. It is very common to transpose measurements.
The width specified is always for 1 curtain. For example if the specified width is 44 Inches and the unit of sale is a pair (2 curtains), then you would get 2 curtains each measuring 44 Inches.
To arrive at the proper width of your window, measure from the outside of the molding (not the glass), unless window treatment is inside molding. Fullness should be 1 1/2 - 2 times this measurement, depending on the style of curtain and personal taste.Measuring Length
To arrive at the proper length for your curtain, measure from the top of molding (not the glass), or top of the curtain rod, if rods are already in place, to the point where you want the bottom of your curtain to be.Additional Notes
Pole Tops (Rod Pocket) Curtains
If you order a 84 Inch Rod Pocket curtain, it will have a 3 Inch Rod Pocket and a 81 inches drop below that.Our rod pocket styles do not include header (ruffle) in the finished length.
This is particularly important when measuring for an inside installation.
If you order a 84 Inch Tab Top curtain, it will have a 4 Inch Tab Top and a 80 inches drop below that.Our rod pocket styles do not include header (ruffle) in the finished length.