With proper care and attention, Silk Sarees can be preserved for ages without losing its luster or freshness. Follow the directions below carefully and your Silk Sarees would last longer with the same sheen as a new one!
Store sarees in a cool dry place.
- Never Machine wash a sari. A sari should be either delicately hand washed or dry cleaned.
- Do not wash with detergent in the beginning
- After two or three plain water washes, use a good detergent and clean quickly. Do not keep the sari soaked in detergent for long.
- Do not brush or lash a Silk Saree. This would lead to tearing of the zari
- Wash (Pallu) Mundi and Border separately in the beginning
- Do not bundle and keep wet for a long time
- In case of stains, wash with cold water immediately
- For hard stains get the Sari Dry Cleaned.
- Do not bundle the wet saree along with inferior variety choly etc.
- While ironing, keep the iron in medium or low heat.
- It is recommended to iron the saree between two pieces of cloth. It is not recommended to wet the saree prior to ironing or to use a steam iron.